What makes us green?
- We recycle all our waste: paper, cardboard plastic, glass, and grease, netting one tenth that of a typical restaurant.
- We use dye-free paper products and limit their use.
- We print all our promotional materials on 100% PCW content paper.
- We were the first farm-to-plate restaurant in West Michigan, now celebrating an 18-year partnership with Ingraberg Farms in Rockford.
- Sustainable Farming is our cornerstone: We support farmers who ensure the land's use for generations to come. Look below to see how we bring food from the farm to your plate!
Essence Restaurant Group Farm to Plate
Essence Restaurant Group Associate Garden
Our Essence teams have pulled together to learn more about sustainable farming by digging in, tending and harvesting our own chemical-free produce. We grow everything sustainably (without fertilizers, pesticides or herbicides) from heirloom seeds that have been passed on generation to generation, many 100+ years old. We have harvested many varieties of heirloom tomatoes and vegetables like beans, patty pan squash, lemon cucumbers, chard, kale, basil, baby carrots, tomatillos, okra, beets and more.